[R] Input appreciated: R teaching idea + a way to improve R-wiki

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 22 15:39:31 CEST 2007

--- Ricardo Pietrobon <pietr007 at mc.duke.edu> wrote:

> Bill, very interesting comment.  However, do you
> believe that by posting
> these tutorials on a wiki they could, even if
> initially faulty, be improved
> by the community over time?
>
> Ricardo

 As a new user to R it strikes me that some of these
examples might be quite useful.  Dr Venables has a
very good point but on the other hand as a
not-very-knowledgeable user I am struck by the idea
tha it might be very useful to see how others attack a
problem.

 Good as the help examples are, and with a few caveats
they are good, they tend to be very terse and
sometimes a bit to sophisticated for the beginner to
easily grasp.