[Rd] Error in documentation for ?legend

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:57:24 CEST 2017

> On 27 Mar 2017, at 09:59 , Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:
>

> (You did not understand Peter:  He *did* agree with you that
> there's no 'title.cex' argument  and explained why the oddity
> probably has happened in the distant past ..)

I was also pointing out that the help page specifically does NOT document any such argument - otherwise the self-tests would have found the inconsistency long ago. What it does have is a (false) hint that there might somewhere be something called title.cex defaulting to the value of cex.

The main point is that when someone claims that there is inconsistency between documentation and code, the first thing I do is to check the (long) argument list, the second thing is the (even longer) list of documented arguments. Neither has title.cex. No version information was given, so I couldn't know whether it might have been fixed in one of the more recent releases, etc.

(I didn't fix it immediately on the off chance that the original author had actually planned to implement a title.cex feature. But he probably didn't.)

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com