[Rd] non-infectious license for R package?

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Sat Mar 25 14:29:16 CET 2017

Dear All,

thanks a lot for all the quick and helpful responses! I'm currently
interested in the "stance" of this community towards closed source
contributions. The way I understand it, currently my options are quite
limited: I would most likely need to use a remote procedure call API,
and build one side of the API as GPL. But this would make the coupling
much slower and more error-prone.

I was actually hoping to give modellers very efficient access to big
image analysis data (single cell results in multi-TB range). Currently
R seems not easily combined with the classical closed-source company
model. Are there considerations to release just the part that is
required to build the interface to R under a more permissive license?

All the best,

   Mario

Viele Gruesse,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de