[Rd] Possible issue with R-tools on Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 12 12:02:12 CET 2017

Hmmm, you may know winbuilder: It has R not installed oin drive C: and
works well. Even with R installed on a network share I can easily
install packages.

using R-devel binary in, e.g. for 64 bit: in d:/RCompile/recent/R/bin/x64

working directory: d:/library-devel

specified library: c:/tmp

 > install.packages("GO.db", lib="c:/tmp")
installing the source package ‘GO.db’

trying URL
'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.5/data/annotation/src/contrib/GO.db_3.4.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 31897756 bytes (30.4 MB)
downloaded 30.4 MB

* installing *source* package 'GO.db' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
*** arch - i386
*** arch - x64
* DONE (GO.db)

The downloaded source packages are in
         ‘d:\temp\RtmpKaYI2t\downloaded_packages’

So we really need the full log.

Can you please run the installation from the OS shell, i.e. something like:

R CMD INSTALL --library=c:/tmp GO.db_3.4.0.tar.gz

and send us the install.log

Best,
Uwe Ligges