R Participation in the Google Summer of Code 2010

Dirk Eddelbuettel dirk.eddelbuettel at r-project.org
Tue Mar 23 16:08:27 CET 2010

Dear R Users,

We would like to highlight that R has once again been selected to participate
in the Google Summer of Code.  Suggested projects can be found in the R-Wiki:
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2010.  The GSoC
is a program from Google that offers student developers stipends to write
code for various open source software projects (more information can be found
here: http://code.google.com/soc/).

All discussion related to R and the Google Summer of Code should preferably
tak place on the respective google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/gsoc-r (gsoc-r at googlegroups.com).

We are currently in a time period during which interested students can
discuss an idea from the wiki with the respective project mentor, or contact
the gsoc-r group to propose a new one and find a mentor.  Please note that
some projects on the R-Wiki also provide test questions, so please read these
pages thoroughly before contacting a project mentor. The student application
period opens on March 29th.

Best regards,

the R Project GSoC mentors