[ESS] Can't find documentation for function

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Sun Sep 18 19:29:47 CEST 2022

Hi,

Did you type:

  library(mypac)

first, before trying ?foo?

The behavior suggests that the package is not currently loaded in the search path, hence the error.

When you use ?mypac::foo, that explicitly tells R that you want the help for the function which is located in mypac and looks for the file there. Without the package prefix, it only looks in the current search path, and thus does not find the package there.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz