[ESS] graphics window for TRAMP sessions

Tyler Smith ty|er @end|ng |rom p|@nt@rum@c@
Wed May 25 15:26:18 CEST 2022

As it turns out, I uncommented the relevant line in both sshd_config and ssh_config. ssh_config I did yesterday, sshd_config was changed some time ago. Which makes sense, since I can open an X11 window when I connect via ssh outside of Emacs.

As it turns out, the ess-remote option is unusable - a complex figure that can be written to disk in a few seconds takes a minute to plot on screen. Makes it hard to iterate towards a publication quality figure.

Best,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca