[ESS] ess-local-process-name

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 2 22:35:34 CEST 2022

Hello Johannes,

I'm posting your email, back on the the list.

On Monday,  2 May 2022 at 07:03, Hüsing, Johannes wrote:
> I think I omitted an important piece of information, namely that I try to run everything under Windows 10. Which means that typing "emacs -Q" in the command prompt gets the message issued: "Der Befehl emacs ist falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden."

I also use emacs on Windows at work and I admit that I have never used
emacs -Q, there :-).

However I isolate the ess configuration in a separate file, and load it
from my .emacs. A quick test would be to rename the .emacs or
.emacs.d/init.el file and just have these 5 lines in a .emacs

>  (add-to-list 'load-path "/home/djj/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20220125.2207/")
>  (require 'ess-r-mode)
>  (add-to-list 'load-path "/home/djj/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20220110.2248")
>  (require 'company)
>  (add-hook 'inferior-ess-mode-hook 'company-mode)

HTH,
Jeremie