[ESS] gpg issues

Naresh Gurbuxani n@re@h_gurbux@n| @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Mon Jun 27 19:15:28 CEST 2022

I installed emacs on a windows machine.  When I try to install ess from elpa, emacs gives below message:

Failed to verify signature archive-contents.sig:
No public key for XXXXXX created at 2022-06-27T05:10:02 using RSA Command output:
gpg: keyblock resource 'xx/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg/pubring.kbx': No such file or directory

This is obviously a wider issue than ess.  But if you have a suggestion, I will be grateful.

Following some suggestions on the web, I installed gnu-alpa-keyring-update.  But this did not fix the problem.

Thanks,
Naresh