[ESS] Debian installation bug report with current package and Emacs 28.1

Sun Aug 21 16:24:28 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I just got a fresh (and detailed) bug reports at

   https://bugs.debian.org/1017829

which details issue with the package I look after ("frozen" at the last
official release) and the current emacs-gtk 28.1.

I find myself between a rock and a hard place here. I would prefer an updated
release, but of course as discussed here before "that ain't easy" and while I
could switch to a melpa tarball I am a little worried I may then get side
effects from the less tested combinations of what melpa has (and needs) and
what may be in Debian to satisfy those dependencies.  Thoughts?

Best,  Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org