[ESS] executing Julia from org: error in ess-eval-region

Fraga, Eric e@|r@g@ @end|ng |rom uc|@@c@uk
Mon Aug 15 13:03:55 CEST 2022

On Monday, 15 Aug 2022 at 09:46, Stephen Eglen wrote:
> Thanks Eric.  I'm afraid I've not been able to get as far as you yet...
>
> 1. julia-repl is not part of ESS... are you loading ESS in this?

I have loaded ess separately via (require 'ess) with ESS from [M]ELPA.
But whether I load it ahead of time or not makes no difference, it
seems.

> 2. I tried something simpler...
>
> #+begin_src julia
>   1 + 2
> #+end_src
>
> without a session.

You need to ":results output" to the src line to have anything in the
results:

#+begin_src julia :results output
  x = [1, 2]
#+end_src

#+results:
: 2-element Vector{Int64}:
:  1
:  2

> I'm rusty with the details of org-mode, is there any other setup
> needed?

That should be sufficient.  I think...

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-08-08) on Debian 11.4