[ESS] Launching R executables within custom shell environments

Kyle Andrews ky|e@c@@ndrew@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 5 10:59:44 CEST 2022

Hi Tyler,

The problem is not really about calling R on remote computers, but of
calling R from a wrapper bash script which sources a different set of
environment variables and system executables than those which can be seen
by emacs. I only suggested the remote functionality because that seemed to
me maybe the best approach, but I'm not sure, maybe a wrapper script can be
passed directly to ESS somehow.

Kyle