[ESS] Launching R executables within custom shell environments

Kyle Andrews ky|e@c@@ndrew@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 4 17:04:06 CEST 2022

Dear ESS users,

I'm interested if there is anyone on this mailing list who uses Emacs
Speaks Statistics from within Guix or Nix, both of which bake
reproducibility directly into their operating systems) or from anyone
who might otherwise be familiar with some elisp code which uses the ESS
remote session functionality to start an R interpreter from a different
environment on the local system (such that it behaves great without
having to worry about conflicting environment variables)?

That was a mouthful, but I hope that was enough to peak someones
interest. I'm just looking to see if this problem has already been
well handled.

Thanks,
Kyle