[ESS] why a release from time to time would be nice

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 27 17:54:56 CEST 2021

Hi ESS devs,
Have you thought of trying to recruit a Google Summer of Code (GSOC)
student to work on ESS?
Each year R has 20+ students in GSOC who each work on 10 week coding
projects (June-Aug).
To recruit a student please write a project proposal and add it to the
R-GSOC wiki,
https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2022/wiki/table%20of%20proposed%20coding%20projects
Student applications are typically in April so it would be a good idea to
get your project idea on the wiki by early 2022 (Jan-Feb at the latest), to
give you enough time for you to find an interested and qualified student.
You can email me if you have any questions about how GSOC works, and I
could even co-mentor the project if that would help (although I would
mostly be able to mentor the student from the perspective of an ESS user...
I don't have much elisp coding experience)
Toby