[ESS] Advice on setting up ESS to edit and knit Rmarkdown files

Tyler Smith ty|er @end|ng |rom p|@nt@rum@c@
Mon Oct 4 02:24:27 CEST 2021

Chris Evans <chrishold using psyctc.org> writes:

> Just one thing that may chime with the ongoing discussion that
> my post seems to have
> seeded: I wouldn't know how to handle "You'll need new versions
> of poly-R (updated 29
> September 2021) and markdown-mode (updated 6 January 2021)" and
> I never got my head
> around what melpa is.

The end of that section includes the line:

"As in previous tutorials, we can install all three of these
packages from [MELPA](https://melpa.org/#/)."

The previous tutorial is available on my blog:

https://plantarum.ca/2020/12/30/emacs-tutorial-03/

And on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1LYzSk9o0

I've updated the post to point directly to these locations. You'll
find explicit instructions on how to install packages from Melpa
at either location.

Best,

Tyler