[ESS] ESS M-x R failing in a Windows installation

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Wed Mar 10 21:58:41 CET 2021

[Re-sending, as my prior reply seems to have been problematic]

Hi,

While not a Windows user, I am on macOS, I might point out the R Windows
FAQ:

   https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html

which has a section on installation and customization. The relevant
reference for the current version of R (4.0.4) and the registry is here:

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Does-R-use-the-Registry_003f

Note, that saving the version information to the registry is an optional
part of the Windows install process. So, the presence of the registry
keys is not guaranteed.

There may be other relevant FAQ entries as well.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz