[ESS] Trailing slash deleted from find-file prompt

Brendan.Halpin Brend@n@H@|p|n @end|ng |rom u|@|e
Thu Mar 4 14:15:59 CET 2021

There is an intermittent problem that I have been observing for a year or two, using ESS:

After some time, or some action, in ESS, and I think only in R-mode, the find-file prompt loses its trailing slash, and if you want to complete you need to insert it by hand.

I suspect this is due to a re-definition of default-directory by ESS.

Am I the only one encountering this?

Any ideas how to debug?

Brendan
--
Brendan Halpin, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147