[ESS] unexpected behavior for Emacs-27.1-1-modified-1 for two MacBooks.

Stephen Berman @tephen@berm@n @end|ng |rom gmx@net
Wed Jan 27 09:53:48 CET 2021

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:59:27 -0600 Dirk Eddelbuettel via ESS-help <ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> On 26 January 2021 at 22:07, Stephen Berman via ESS-help wrote:
> | > I. Both machines report in *Messages*
> | >    Package cl is deprecated
> |
> | The NEWS file in Emacs 27 says:
> |
> |   ** The 'cl' package is now officially deprecated in favor of 'cl-lib'.
>
> I know. What I do not know is which of the packages I load tickles this.

The message is triggered when the sexp `(require 'cl)' is evaluated, so
searching for that sexp should find the culpable packages.  (If it
doesn't, you could try searching for `(load "cl.el")', which also
triggers the message, but that's much less common than the `require'
sexp.)

Steve Berman