[ESS] .Rdata not loading

Tony Rossini b||ndg|obe @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 26 09:00:27 CET 2021

However, if you did an install of RStudio , or another software package
which installs its own R (there are a few), then you downgraded R on your
system.

Emacs and ESS have nothing to do with how R loads data, only R does.  Which
is why everyone is pointing you towards R.  The error means that you are
starting a version of R which isn't the one you normally use -- unless R
corrupted the .RData file when it wrote it out.

best,
Tony