[ESS] Latest Emacs distributions out!

Vincent Goulet v|ncent@gou|et @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Sep 17 22:34:54 CEST 2020

Hi all,

With some delay, I'm glad to announce that my "modified" Emacs distributions for Windows and macOS based off GNU Emacs 27.1 are out:

	Windows: https://vigou3.gitlab.io/emacs-modified-windows/
	macOS: https://vigou3.gitlab.io/emacs-modified-macOS/

For those of you unfamiliar with these distributions: they are almost stock distributions of GNU Emacs with ESS, AUCTeX, org and a few other goodies preinstalled. I use the macOS version myself on a daily basis.

In the Windows version, I added a simple, temporary fix for ESS 18.10.2 to find the versions of R 4.x.y on one's system. The site-start.el includes this line:

(setq ess-r-versions '("R-1" "R-2" "R-3" "R-4" "R-devel" "R-patched"))

Here 'M-x R' does not work as expected, by 'M-x R-[TAB]' correctly lists all the versions of R on my system, including 4.0.2.

Best,

v.

Vincent Goulet
Professeur titulaire