[ESS] [External] Re: Function to copy command to script?

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Tue May 19 18:27:12 CEST 2020

Hi Kevin,

I think Stephen is assuming you do a lot of work in the *R* and then want
to recover it into a script.
For that case I wouldn't bother saving the *R* buffer, but would just copy
the relevant lines (including output)
and then save it back into the script file with C-u C-u C-y
(ess-yank-cleaned-commands).
The C-u C-u C-y strips out the prompts and output and pastes just the input
commands.

For the way I read your email, you are looking to copy just a single line
from *R* to something.r.
For that I would just highlight it, then copy and paste.

Rich