[ESS] error merging R source files in ESS mode

Stephen Eglen @je30 @end|ng |rom c@m@@c@uk
Sun Jun 21 10:39:31 CEST 2020

> I often use Emacs to merge other types of files, but when I just
> selected two R source files to merge, I got the error message:
>
> "Customise alist is not specified, nor  ess-local-customize-alist is
> set."

Hi,

1. what command are you running to start the merge?  Can you describe
the steps so that others can repeat it?

2. From our documentation:

   If Emacs reports an error, backtraces can help us debug the problem.
Type "M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET". Then run the
command that causes the error and you should see a *Backtrace* buffer
containing debug information; send us that buffer.

Stephen