[ESS] C-c C-c in R console buffer causes Control key to get "stuck" (Windows)

Mark Seeto m@rk@eeto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jul 12 02:52:39 CEST 2020

An update on this:

It appears that this problem was related to the version of Emacs
rather than the version of ESS.

I was able to change the ESS version in Vincent Goulet's versions of
Emacs 25.2 and 26.1 by copying the ess folder.

In Emacs 25.2, the problem occurred with neither of ESS 16.10 and ESS 18.10.2.

In Emacs 26.1, the problem occurred with both of ESS 16.10 and ESS 18.10.2.

So for the moment, the solution for me is to either use Emacs 26 and
put up with the problem, or just keep using Emacs 25 instead.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my messages.

Mark