[ESS] ESS process on Docker containers and enabing Flymake

Fri Feb 21 03:35:54 CET 2020

On 20 February 2020 at 17:51, Alex Branham via ESS-help wrote:
| On Wed 19 Feb 2020 at 18:20, Shreyas Ragavan <shreyas using fastmail.com> wrote:
|
| >> You need to install the lintr package.
| >
| > So ESS actually needs the R package lintr installed to enable linting.
| > It seems strange to me that I have to open R and install a package to
| > get an 'IDE' functionality. Perhaps I am mistaken in my thinking.
|
| This is pretty standard behavior, I think. You'll find the same thing
| with Rstudio, IIRC.

There are many shades of grey possible between pitch black and white.

One could just use the package if found installed. Demanding it to be present
is quite a bit more strict, and I don't think I'd that.  But hey, your
project, not mine.

Dirk