[ESS] Prevent new buffer for help from point

Mon Feb 10 22:53:17 CET 2020

On 10 February 2020 at 15:47, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Hi Julian and Pavel,
|
| On 10 February 2020 at 10:55, Julian M. Burgos wrote:
| | I am having the same issue.  Could you figure out what was causing this behaviour?  It is driving me crazy.
|
| Ah, good news in the sense that it is not just me, and yes, it is annoying as hell.
|
| I have not had time to decompose my ~/.emacs (and the other files it sources)
| so no news from here -- sorry.
|
| On 10 February 2020 at 19:37, Panko, Pavel wrote:
| | I had the same problem some months back; I switched from auto-complete to company-mode, and the problem stopped. Would be interested in a more full-fledged solution to this though.
|
| Hm. Very interesting.  I seem to have Auto-Complete (per C-h m) as well as
| Company.  I will give that shot and report back.

Commenting out these lines

  ;; auto-complete -- uses Ubuntu package 'auto-complete-el'
  ;; edd 2020-02-10 possible interaction with ESS
  ;(require 'auto-complete-config)
  ;(ac-config-default)

and launching a fresh Emacs, I do *not* see the bad behavior. This is a very
promising lead--thanks again Pavel!

Dirk