[ESS] [OT] Best Practices Emacs / ESS Mini-Webinars

Mon Dec 28 16:12:41 CET 2020

On 28 December 2020 at 10:05, Tyler Smith via ESS-help wrote:
| I could reframe my talk as "an overview of Blogdown" to more clearly articulate a single goal.

Sorry to be stickler but to keep this focused I would still say no.

_Blogdown per se_ has no relationship with ESS. And I say that as someone who
writes all his pdf or html or ... in RMarkdown, including via Hugo sites.

I am however in favour in showing to use Emacs + ESS + ... your fave here + ...
to create a blog site to overcome the misconception that it only works from
RStudio.  Again, that will work with _any_ one of the various ${FOO}down
packages as you just call `rmarkdown::render()` (or alike) anyway.  So having
alreay put 'R + ESS + Markdown' on the list, maybe we can add '... + blogging'.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org