[ESS] Possible to interact with julia-repl?

HaiYing Wang whygp@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 8 19:29:12 CEST 2019

Hi Vitalie,

Thank you for following up with this. This process is working for me now.

I meant that I have to implement an ESS comment to set the value of
"ess-local-process-name" to "julia"; then I have to kill that buffer and
implement a julia-repl comment to start julia-repl (this way I can use the
script file to interact with julia-repl). If I implement a julia-repl
comment to start the julia-repl first, the value
of "ess-local-process-name" is "none", and I cannot interact with the
julia-repl. Thank you.

Best,
HaiYing

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 3:27 PM Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit using gmail.com> wrote:

> >> On So, Aug 25 2019 11:07, HaiYing Wang wrote:
>
> > Similar to the above situation, I find if I am able to set the value of
> > "ess-local-process-name" to "julia", then the script file can interact
> with
> > julia-repl. However, I don't know how to do this. It seems these
> variables
> > cannot be changed by user.
>
> It should work. Do you mean that it doesn't work when set from the
> `ess-julia-mode-hook` or `julia-mode-hook`?
>
>   Vitalie

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]