[ESS] disable console help when "pausing"

Shreyas Ragavan @hrey@@ @end|ng |rom |@@tm@||@com
Thu Feb 28 01:08:23 CET 2019

I'm facing the same problem of late, and I do not know what instigated the behavior. Using the company mode setting below has not solved my help dump, which is in fact highly annoying.  This is my setup (on Antergos / Mac OS)  :

(require 'ess)
(require 'ess-R-data-view)
(setq ess-describe-at-point-method nil)
(setq ess-switch-to-end-of-proc-buffer t)
(require 'ess-rutils)
(setq ess-rutils-keys +1)
(setq ess-eval-visibly 'nowait)
(setq ess-use-flymake nil)
(setq ess-use-company t)
(setq ess-roxy-hide-show-p t)

(use-package ess-view
  :ensure t
  :defer t
  :config
  (if (system-type-is-darwin)
      (setq ess-view--spreadsheet-program
            "/Applications/Tad.app/Contents/MacOS/Tad"
            )
    )
  (if (system-type-is-gnu)
      (setq ess-view--spreadsheet-program