[ESS] Run roxygen examples: how now?

Paul Johnson p@u|john32 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 4 16:01:56 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:37 PM Alex Branham <alex.branham using gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed 30 Jan 2019 at 12:34, Paul Johnson via ESS-help <
> ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:
>
> > In functions with roxygen examples, until very recently I could run the
> > examples even though they had the roxygen comment "##'" at the beginning.
> > Emacs/ESS would, literally, let me do "next" over and over again to run
> > example code.
> >
> > Today I realize that does not happen anymore, Emacs/ESS is treating those
> > things like comments and the focus skips to the function definition.
> >
> > Can I make it do the other way now?
> >
> > I'm in Ubuntu, Emacs 25.2.2, ESS 18.10.2,
>
> Can you describe how you're trying to run them? C-RET seems to work fine
> for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Hi, Alex

In my init file I have S-RET as the replacement for C-RET, but I've tested
this both ways and get same behavior.  After removing the init file, when I
do C-RET, then the one line I'm on will run, but the focus jumps over the
rest of the example code lines and stops at the first line of code that is
not commented.  This happens whether an R file is edited in a package in
developer mode or if the file is in a separate directory.

If nobody else sees this, then I guess it has to be something peculiar
about Ubuntu's Emacs 25.2.2 ??

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org