[ESS] how to get matching brace

Bond, Stephen Stephen@Bond @end|ng |rom c|bc@com
Thu Dec 12 21:33:08 CET 2019

Hello,

What is the best way to get ESS mode to produce matching parens or quotes when I enter just the opening symbol?
I want to see {
}

When I press a single {.
My elisp is beginner level and I can do that by overwriting the electric brace function in ess, but it seems to me what I want is already available as there is a skeleton function etc and the behavior is controlled by a variable that is not available to set with M-x.
If I do my simple solution, I get the closing brace, but I am afraid I break quite a bit of code, which is there for a purpose.
Thanks everybody

Stephen B

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]