[ESS] ESS-mode fails to start S-Plus in Linux

Kim Pilegaard kipi @ending from env@dtu@dk
Sat Nov 17 10:08:02 CET 2018

When trying to start S-plus 6.2.1 for linux using Emacs 25.2.1 lucid and ess-17.11.2 under Elementary OS 5.0 (based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), I get the following error:

ess-command: Wrong number of arguments: #[(com &optional buf sleep) "Á!" [com ess-eval-linewise] 2
("/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/ess/ess-dde.elc" . 4843)], 7

It seems that an S+ process is running, but when I try to issue a command, I get this error:

ess-get-process: No ESS process is associated with this buffer now

I tried with ess-18.10, but got another error telling that it could not find the Splus program. The executable is /usr/local/bin/Splus which is covered by both PATH and exec-path. There are no problems running R with either of the ess versions.

How do I fix it?

Kind regards,
Kim

Kim Pilegaard

Professor, Head of Section
Air, Land, and Water Resources

DTU Environment

Technical University of Denmark

Department of Environmental Engineering

Bygningstorvet, Building 115

2800 Kongens. Lyngby

Denmark

Mobile +45 4025 6839

kipi using env.dtu.dk<mailto:kipi using kt.dtu.dk>

www.env.dtu.dk<http://www.kt.dtu.dk/>

http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5169-5717

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]