[ESS] ESS R code evaluation in package

Vitalie Spinu @pinuvit @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Nov 11 12:31:29 CET 2018

>> On Thu, Nov 08 2018 15:15, Cyrus Harmon via ESS-help wrote:

> I naively assumed that i could just C-c C-r the source for an installed
> function and I would get the new version, at least for the current R
> session.

This is how it should work. I do devtools::load_all and devtools::install all
the time and I haven't noticed unusual behavior. If an object is already in the
package it should be replaced. The sealed issue applies only to *new* objects.

If you have an example of when the existing object is not re-assigned, then
please open a github issue for that.

  Vitalie