[ESS] ESS not returning to R process after R> help.start() ?

Christian christian at echoffmann.ch
Tue Feb 6 14:13:55 CET 2018

Hi,
I am working with Aquamacs, ESS end R; I am  still bothered by
(possibly) ESS not returning to the R process after executing
---
help.start(),

Making 'packages.html' ... done
---
which calls the browser of Firefox. The R|\-/-\.... never ends, the mode
line shows "Text is read only", and the R window has to be aborted to
get a new R process to work. May be I should change the default browser
(to Chrome?), but I found no way to do so.

I am grateful for any suggestions ( apart from starting a separate R
process form the terminal ).

C.
--
Christian Hoffmann