[ESS] ESS Emacs / Win initialization

Skála, Zdeněk (GfK Czech) Zdenek@Sk@l@ @ending from gfk@com
Wed Dec 19 09:07:56 CET 2018

Works perfect :)
thank you all!
Zdenek

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Branham <alex.branham using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:01 PM
To: Skála, Zdeněk (GfK Czech) <Zdenek.Skala using gfk.com>
Cc: ess-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [ESS] ESS Emacs / Win initialization

On Tue 18 Dec 2018 at 07:43, Skála, Zdeněk (GfK Czech) via ESS-help <ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
> apologies for asking a question that could have a trivial answer - I am just a "plain user" of ESS/Emacs/R.
>
> Version: ESS Emacs version 26.1-2-modified-3 (12 November 2018)
> (Goulet)
> OS: Windows 10
>
> Issue:
> Emacs start OK, the R script is loaded OK (syntax highlighting works...).
> After trying to run a code I get (at the bottom line):
> "R starting project directory? e:/my-working-directory/"
> ...where "my-working-directory" = the place where r-scripts are saved.
>
> When I hit Enter, the message appears:
> "Searching for a program: No such file or directory, Rterm"
>
> In previous Emacs version this did not happen.
>
> Indeed, if I write the correct Rterm.exe location / directory in the bottom line, R starts and works OK.
>
> I remember there has been a paragraph in the init.el file to indicate R location; cannot find it in the current version.
>
> Any hints please?

This is a known issue with the 18.10.X release.[1] As a workaround, M-x R-newest should work just fine.

Alex

Footnotes:
[1]  > Thank you!

GfK SE, Nuremberg, Germany, commercial register at the local court Amtsgericht Nuremberg HRB 25014; Management Board: Peter Feld (CEO), Christian Bigatà Joseph (CFO). Supervisory Board Chairman: Ralf Klein-Bölting. This email and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information. Please note that unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is not permitted.