[ESS] maximum amount of lines possible to submit to R process?

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 27 14:12:23 CET 2017

dear list members,

when I highlight a block of code and submit it to an R process via C-c
C-r i get errors like this:

  Error: unexpected '}' in "            }"

with very large chunks of code that would not create errors when I run
the same code via source(). If I run the same code in steps, I do not
get these errors. Is there a maximum of lines of code that can be run in
a R process this way? And if yes, is it possible to increase this amount
or run the block of code in a way that is not limited by this problem?

Cheers

Jannis