[ESS] [emacs-ess/ESS] require Emacs 24.3 or higher (c7a2306)

Sparapani, Rodney rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 10 15:14:50 CET 2017

I was just being pro-active.  24.1 and 24.2 are so buggy they should be withdrawn
(except on Windows ironically).  Given the many hours I have already spent debugging
these emacs bugs (which are fixed in 24.3), I don’t think we should do anything to
support these versions.  The users will be better off spending their time upgrading
rather than trying to fix what can’t be fixed.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics