[ESS] Quit window in ess-rdired-mode

Igor Sosa Mayor jo@e|eopo|do1792 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 10 15:00:06 CEST 2017

Stephen Eglen <sje30 using cam.ac.uk> writes:

> hi Igor,
>
> I'm amazed that ess-rdired has any users, I haven't used it for years
> since I wrote it.
>
> can you just say in a bit more detail what you want to happen -- can you
> give a concrete set of steps, e.g.
>
> M-x ess-rdired
>
> e.g. which buffer do you quit from, and which one (e.g. *R dired*, *R view*
> ?) do you want to hide with quit-buffer?

Thanks for your answer.

1. I have a R buffer
2. I use ess-rutils-objs (C-c C-. o)
3. a new buffer in a new window is opened under the previous one
4. I press 'q' to quit: the rdired is killed (as far as I see from the
code), but the window is still there (I have two windows with the same R
buffer).

Many thanks in advance.

PS: if you as author don't use rdired, may I ask what you are using
instead?

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792 using gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::