[ESS] can't turn off fancy comments

Peter K peter.kharchenko at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:13:31 CEST 2016

Dear ESS gurus,
 I've been trying to turn off the behavior where comments with a single '#'
get indented to the middle of the screen. It somehow was turned on by
default during one of the upgrades.

 Searching the web, this could be turned off by setting ess-fancy-comments
to nil. Later posts suggested that ess-indent-with-fancy-comments should be
used instead. I've added the following two lines to .emacs:
(setq ess-fancy-comments nil)
(setq ess-indent-with-fancy-comments nil)

 but the "fancy" indentation persists no matter what (I've tried removing
everything else from .emacs, upgrading ESS package - now at version 16.04).
Having spent a few minutes looking at the ESS code, I can't figure what the
appropriate switch would be. Hopefully someone here knows how to turn this
off.

Thanks,
-peter.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]