[ESS] M-n s is undefined

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 14 00:43:52 CEST 2016

For changing names, see polymode-exporter-output-file-format and
polymode-weave-output-file-format.  I have said this on several occasions, but
"cumbersome" names are intentional. First, they protect you from accidental
overwrites. Secondly, they allow you to quickly mark and delete by regexp all
those junk files created by tex processing. And finally, they make it easier to
track what is happening and what files are created in the process. So, when you
export, you will get two types of intermediates - [woven] and [exported].

For more intuitive completion system install ido-ubiquitous. Then you will get
ido menu with the first option being the default. Same is possible for other
completion systems - helm and ivy.

In case of the Rmd files, the first option is "auto" which simply respects the
local yaml configuration in your file. You can even export to multiple formats
simultaneously.

The config for which files to open inside emacs and which not is in the plans at
the moment. For now you can use "open-with" package to trigger opening pdfs
outside emacs.

>> I even wonder why one is asked to choose exporter first, and weaver
>> second, when in workflow (and in my mind) one weaves first, and exports
>> second.

Because exporters might need different weavers. Some might not even need a
separate weaver. RMarkdown, for example, takes care of all steps by itself.

  Vitalie