[ESS] no syntax highlighting/colors for text between quotes in iESS

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 11 13:49:48 CEST 2016

Thanks for reporting this. This issue is currently not decided and the behavior
that you see is an unintentional spillover of some recent re-factoring of syntax
tables.

The problem is that, on the one hand, the quotes highlighting notoriously
misbehaves in inferior buffers and fixing that with "standard tools" would
impact the output speed too much. On the other hand it's indeed uncomfortable to
see different highlighting of basic constructs. So, I guess, misbehaving string
font lock is better than no font lock.

I have reverted to the previous behavior now.

 Vitalie