[ESS] M-n s is undefined

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jul 2 19:26:49 CEST 2016

Vitalie,

I strongly support going forward and breaking backwards compatibility if
that is necessary.  Polymode is a giant step forward, and I appreciate how
hard it is to keep it semi-backwards compatible.

But my recommendation is that if you break backwards compatibility you
quickly try to make it stable (easier said than done, I know).  Then
everyone will complain for a while and then they'll settle down with the
new UI.  What is painful, is a long drawn out transition process.

Now, in the best of all worlds, everything would be possible.  But in a
world of limits on effort, we sometimes have to make choices.

What you have done with ESS/polymode over the last couple of years is
highly appreciated, and it was sorely needed.

Best,
Kasper