[ESS] M-n s is undefined

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:12:51 CEST 2016

Vitalie

I still think you should make some screen casts to show us how this
works for you.  I can't tell in this thread if people are not liking
polymode or they simply don't understand what is necessary to use it.
Others in the list may be like me, long time Emacs users who don't
have time to study up on new features we don't understand.

I'm willing to try anything, if you can help me understand why you do
it that way and how it works for you.

I've quit entirely trying to use Emacs to compile Rmd documents, I
just run commands in the shell. At least I understand how that works.
I know it seems primitive, but I'm not the only one.  We had a visit
from a couple of the well known R programmers two years ago and they
told me they had the same conclusion, it generally always works to run
"R CMD Sweave document.Rnw" in a shell.

If you just make a 10 minute video discussing how your Emacs is set up
and what it does, I'd be really grateful. I want to make this worth
your while.  I'll mail you some money and a shirt from my university
if you send me your address privately (pauljohn at ku.edu).

pj