[ESS] how to edit openbugs model file?

Simon Bonner @bonner6 @end|ng |rom uwo@c@
Fri Dec 2 20:35:43 CET 2016

Hi Paul,

An easy way to do this is to rename your file as model.R. The syntax for BUGS is almost identical to the syntax for R, and BUGS doesn’t care what the model extension is.

Wish I could say that I thought of that but kudos go to Matthew Schofield.

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Bonner
Assistant Professor of Environmetrics/Director MMASc
Department of Statistical and Actuarial Sciences/Department of Biology
University of Western Ontario

Office: Western Science Centre rm 276

Email: sbonner6 using uwo.ca | Telephone: 519-661-2111 x88205 | Fax: 519-661-3813
Twitter: @bonnerstatslab | Website: http://simon.bonners.ca/bonner-lab/wpblog/

On 2016-12-02, 1:21 PM, "ESS-help on behalf of Paul Johnson" <ess-help-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of pauljohn32 using gmail.com> wrote:

    I have a student here who wants to edit an OpenBugs file named
    "model.txt" in Emacs. I can't understand how to tell Emacs to use a
    bugs mode so that things like M-; understand what to do.

    If you have an idea, let me know.

    We don't want to run the bugs code with an emacs session, we just want
    to edit the bugs text model file and then we can run with R2OpenBugs
    or something else.

    --
    Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org
    Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis http://crmda.ku.edu