[ESS] how to use Stata in Emacs (with ess)

ollie_m o||v|er@m@@dq @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 11 15:45:55 CEST 2015

sorry I have to run some errands the last two days so I didn't have time for
the problem.

I use the shell to check for the executables, stata.exe is the only one.

But I did find some thing I think might be the problem. In the ESS manual,
it says if I use Cygwin bash shell, I should run M-x S RET. but I'm using
MSDOS prompt shell, so I should run something like M-x S+6-msdos RET.

what's the proper syntax for running a stata process? I tried M-x
stata-msdos RET, M-x sta-msdos, and M-x Stata-msdos, none of them works.