[ESS] how to use Stata in Emacs (with ess)

ollie_m o||v|er@m@@dq @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 9 15:45:45 CEST 2015

I've deleted the Stata directory from system path and changed the variable
name to the full path for the executable, and I've deleted all other
possible executables except stata.exe in the folder, the problem persists..

I'm not sure this is by any means related, but when I started emacs, first a
black window (like a command window, with nothing but a cursor in it) pops
up, then the emacs window; is emacs supposed to work this way on Windows?
I've never given it any thought before, but now that I'm having this
problem, this whole thing looks pretty damn suspicious.. If one window can
pop up when I'm running emacs, it seems quite likely another will pop up
when I'm trying to run another executable in to..