[ESS] project management in Emacs / ESS / R

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 08:55:51 CEST 2015

Dear all -

After spending too much time with archaic languages which are archaic
(SAS) and living in the future (Common Lisp) I'm back to R for work
related programming.

I had to use RStudio at first for various collaboration (and deadline)
reasons, and while I found it adequate, it was clunky and inefficient
for me.   However, it had a reasonable project management accelerator,
and I enjoyed that.

What, if any, is the current best-practices for doing something like
the RStudio projects in ESS/Emacs?   I know I can go back and hack the
CEDET tools again, but there ought to be something less general,
restricted mainly on managing sets of files and displays.

(I also can just do what I did before, but why waste microseconds
typing for the UI when I can save them for R and ESS hacking?)

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!