[ESS] ESS error: Autoloading failed to define function compilation--ensure-parse

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Fri Oct 2 16:39:31 CEST 2015

On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 09:53 -0400, Dorazio, Robert wrote:
> I tried to copy compile.el and complile.elc.  That did not solve the
> problem.

I don't think you can copy compile.elc; you should open compile.el
and then do M-x byte-compile-file

> I think I will upgrade to Ubuntu 14, so that the repository will
> contain Emacs 24.5.

Did you look for emacs24 in the repo rather than emacs?  I'm not an
Ubuntu person so I didn't look, but others have told me it is
there, but maybe not for 12.04