[ESS] knitr and ESS

ottorino ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Sun Oct 11 01:14:59 CEST 2015

Dear ESS users,
after many years of use, I'm eventually moving from sweave to knitr and
therefore setting up my system

Mint 17.1 Qiana -- MATE
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86-64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
ESS version 13.09-1 -- R 3.0.2

with all the necessary packages.

I wrote my first simple "AnalisiReport.Rmd" file and tried to knit it to
an html one

 From the terminal everything went well with:

library(knitr)
library(rmarkdown)
render('AnalisiReport.Rmd', "html_document")

 From emacs,  (polymode installed and apparently working), after
pressing M-n w and selecting knitr-ESS as weaver, I can see the knitr
processing the file in the *R* buffer, but then I get the following message

Weaving 'AnalisiReport.Rmd' with 'knitR-ESS' weaver ...
Type C-h m for help on ESS version 13.09-1
ess-tracebug mode enabled
using process '*R*'
Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (proc name) (let ((wfile
(pm--ESS-callback proc name))) (pm--display-file wfile) wfile)), 1
byte-code: End of buffer

In the meanwhile I get a AnalisiReport[woven].md file in the same
directory where the .Rmd file reside.

All the above is valid also for the minimal example found in the knitr site.

What am I missing ?

--
Ottorino-Luca Pantani, Università di Firenze
Dip.to di Scienze delle Produzioni Agroalimentari e