[ESS] source refs to orgmode's indirect source buffers

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Oct 7 12:50:39 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am working quite a lot inside Org mode's indirect source buffers.
Using ess tracebug in that situation is not satisfactory, as I do not
get the source references working.  If at all (when evaluated from the
org file) they point to the org buffer -- not the indirect buffer.  I'd
like them to point to the indirect buffer.

As an example consider this simple file:
* Test ess tracebug in indirect buffer

Run `org-edit-src-code' on the following block (bound to C-c ') and
evaluate the code from that indirect buffer.

#+begin_src R
  foo <- function() {
    a <- 1:10
    ##:ess-bp-start::browser at nil:##
  browser(expr=is.null(.ESSBP.[["@6@"]]))##:ess-bp-end:##
    a <- a + 1
    return(a)
  }

  foo()
#+end_src

When I evaluate the code in the indirect buffer I get
,----
| Reference /var/folders/m3/b2klwwt51rd6j3qjybc8bglw000fdd/T/07-114451.org[*Org Src 07-114451.org[ R ]*]!3593f8z not found
`----

I guess it is tricky to deal with this.  But still my question: Is it
possible to get this working also from Org mode's indirect buffers?

Thanks,
Andreas