[ESS] starting Stata process

Ista Zahn |@t@z@hn @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 19 13:25:06 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Dale Steele <dale.w.steele using gmail.com> wrote:
> The function you need is "M-x stata"  (lower case; there is M-x
> Stata-mode).
>
> Does that work?  --> "M-x stata" produces  "[no match]"

It works here.

> Same result running emacs after removing all entries in .emacs

Well, you don't want to remove _all_ entries, of course you need to load ess.

It sounds like ESS is either not correctly installed or not correclty
loaded. I would start by uninstalling and re-installing it, and
makeing sure you have '(require 'ess-site)' in your init file.

Another possiblity is that you have multiple versions of ESS installed
and emacs gets confused. Did you by any chance install both the ess
ubuntu package and ess via the emacs package manager?

Best,
Ista